JBSD Foundation has provided the grant award to local schools and non-profit organizations since it was established in 1992. The Foundation is also funding an annual scholarship program for local high school and college students through the YFU and JCMU programs.
For More Information:
Japan Business Society of Detroit Foundation
42400 Grand River Ave. Suite 202, Novi, MI 48375 Tel: (248) 513-6354 Fax:(248) 513-6376 Email: email@example.com
Guidelines & Application
The JBSD Foundation has put its emphasis on grantees that are non-profit entities in the Greater Detroit community which are committed to one or more of the Foundation’s objectives:
– activities which promote the enhancement of life within those communities in which JBSD members reside.
Education & Research
– activities related to the education of the community within which JBSD members reside. Emphasis is placed on supporting activities and programs of local schools which offer opportunities for the students to study abroad in Japan, introducing Japanese culture promoting cultural understanding, educational activities enhancing study of Japanese, and programs by which Japanese children receive assistance in adapting to English-based education.
US & Japan Relations
– activities which promote better mutual understanding of the Japanese and American cultures.
Organizations referred and recommended by JBSD members often receive special attention by board members o the Foundation. If you are the first-time applicant, obtaining reference and/or recommendation from a JBSD member(s) may be helpful to you.
The JBSD Foundation is particularly interested in supporting activities and programs with specific goals.
Step 1: Are you a non-profit organization?
– Are you a non profit organization under 501(c)(3)?
– Is your organization located in Michigan?
– Does your activities and/or programs meet the JBSD Foundation’s object?
Please go to STEP 2 when your organization meet the criteria.
Step 2: Let us learn about your Organization
If it is the first time you have applied for a JBSD Foundation grant, please email us your organization’s information includes your website URL, contact’s person’s name and his/her direct email address to firstname.lastname@example.org. After careful review and evaluation on the information provided to us, we will email you an invitation for Grant application in September if your activities/programs is regarded to meet any of the Foundation’s objectives stated on our guideline.
Step 3: Submit your application
To submit our online application, please start it from Grant application portal link included in the Email invitation sent from us in September. JBSD Foundation only accepts application through this process. Submit your entire information by the due date which is also provided in the email.
Step 4: Reviewed by JBSD Foundation
Our automated system will confirm your submitted proposal has been received at JBSD Foundation. If you do not receive email confirmation of your submission, you may contact us at email@example.com, or call us at 248-513-6354.
Following the careful review of your application by our board, the result of your application will be Emailed by mid-November. Please note that your application will not guarantee the award of a grant. Should you become a recipient, your attendance at the Grant Awards Ceremony, which will be held in early December, is required. You are also requested to send invitation to JBSD Foundation office to the event for which grant is applied.